A Message From
We are monitoring COVID-19 closely and continue to introduce measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Our top priority is the health and safety of our patients.
The COVID-19 vaccination is one of the most important tools to end the COVID-19 pandemic. We are strongly encouraging you to get the vaccination when you are eligible and able to do so.
While our Balboa Nephrology Offices do not have the vaccines available, we encourage our patients to get vaccinated at the various locations available through the county. Visit the California Department of Public Health’s MyTurn.ca.gov page to find a walk-in clinic or schedule an appointment.
We recommend that transplant recipients receive the COVID-19 vaccine and boosters. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines both have similar mechanisms (mRNA technology) are not live viruses and are safe in transplant recipients.
Our doctors are available for in-person or telehealth appointments. Please contact your provider for details. Please see current in-person appointment protocols below:
- Masks are required and all Balboa Nephrology waiting rooms will maintain social distancing with only 1-2 patients allowed with a minimum of 6-feet apart.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, seek care right away.
- All patients with respiratory or COVID-19 related symptoms are being treated through Telehealth (Video Visits).
- If you are unsure or have questions about your upcoming appointment, please call the office where you have your appointment.
- Please know that your health is important to us. We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves.
If you do not have access to the MyChart Patient Portal, please call (858) 810-8000.
Our team will be able to help you set up your account and activation.