Top Questions from actual Balboa Nephrology Patients
Can you email/text me my bill, labs, and or appt. reminders?
Patients are able to log into their MyChart Patient Portal account. The MyChart Patient Portal is a secure online website that gives patients convenient, 24-hour access to personal health information from anywhere with an Internet connection. Using a secure username and password, patients can schedule an appointment, view test results and medications, pay a bill and more.
If you do not have access to the MyChart Patient Portal, please call (858) 810-8000. Our team will be able to help you set up your account and activation.
Can the Doctor go over my test results?
When is my next appointment?
Patients who have signed up with MyChart will have access to their appointment information, view upcoming and past visits as well as their After Visit Summary.
Do I have co-pay?
Your copay amount is printed right on your health plan ID card. However, you are also able to review your insurance summary and coverage details in the MyChart Patient Portal. If you aren’t sure, please ask the Balboa Nephrology Medical Assistant before your appointment.
Will I be able to get a prescription over the phone without having to see my doctor?
What type of insurance is accepted?
Patients may check if their insurance is accepted by viewing the Insurance information below. Patients may also contact your physician’s office directly.
What happens during my visit?
If you have recently been referred to a nephrologist, you may be feeling a sense of fear and anxiety. We understand that declining kidney health can be confusing or overwhelming. Our physicians are kind and knowledgeable—here to guide you step-by-step with a compassionate and trusting approach. You can count on receiving cutting edge treatment that is customized to your specific kidney care needs when you choose Balboa Nephrology Medical Group as your nephrology provider.
For information on what you can expect for your first appointment, please visit: balboacare.com/new-patients/
Where is Balboa Nephrology located?
Balboa Nephrology has 18 clinic locations. Information is available on balboaCare.com/locations. Clinic location information is also available by visiting balboaCare.com/providers.
Is dialysis performed at Balboa Nephrology clinics?
Dialysis treatment is not available at Balboa Nephrology clinics.
Do Balboa Nephrology Providers perform surgeries?
Balboa Nephrology Nephrologists do not perform surgeries.
Information to know for your visit:
It’s important to have your bloodwork done prior to your appointment. Lab and test results will be discussed during your visit.
- It is important to have your lab order done 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- If you have labs for a primary care physician or any other provider, use BOTH orders to ensure each different specialty gets what they need to treat you
- Having your labs done 1-2 weeks before your clinic visit is important because it gives your doctor time to receive the results and review to plan your care.
Please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Arriving early will allow time to:
- Verify and scan insurance cards.
- Verify and review signatures.
- Review all your medications – even if there are no changes.
Knowing your current list of medications is very helpful.
- Your Balboa Nephrology Care Team puts patients first and will be respectful of and responsive to your individual preferences, needs, and values.
Bring your medication list or bottles to every appointment even when there are no changes.
- The most important care given is medication management.
- Always inform your Balboa Nephrology care team if a different physician adds, delete or changes your medications.