People who have been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, living on dialysis or those who are immunosuppressed must continue to be vigilant about staying safe from not only COVID but the flu. We’ve found helpful information from the American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) that is solid advice to continue to follow now and in the future.
- More patients are asking their doctors about therapies that fit their safety regimen – like home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Get Vaccinated – the benefits outweigh potential risk/side effects
- Limit exposure to strangers, keep your circle to trusted friends & family if possible ie. avoid large gatherings and social events
- Social Distancing – if you must go out, continue to practice a 6′ distance and wear a mask
- Consider Telemedicine/Telehealth
This information is compiled by AAKP. As always, speak with your physician and healthcare team about your situation. This information is intended for educational purposes only. Read more on the AAKP website.