Just the word “lentils” sounds healthy and did you know they’re delicious? If you haven’t tried lentils this is a great beginner’s recipe that just happens to be kidney-friendly!
Lentil Soup with Spinach and Carrots
– 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed and sorted
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 carrots, peeled and diced
– 2 cups fresh spinach
– 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add diced carrots and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lentils and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add fresh spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: The above recipe is intended as a guideline and should be customized to suit individual dietary needs. Consult a registered dietitian for personalized nutrition advice.