Balboa Nephrology Medical Group is proud to support ReMend a Nonprofit Organization dedicated to encouraging and supporting patients on their kidney journey. Their new program Kidney Conversations with ReMend is a free, monthly webinar focusing on topics pertaining to kidney disease and dialysis and presented in a casual, open discussion format. This month the topic was Psychological and Financial Wellness during the COVID-19 Pandemic. A few things covered were:
- Top 3 things patients have expressed concern about these past 17 months?
- What are some common psychological reactions toward the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are some tools patients can use to deal with stress during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What type strategies have you noticed facilities or physicians use to encourage patients to continue treatment during the pandemic?
- How are dialysis centers protecting patients?
Listen to an informative discussion with these expert panelists:
- Alex Thibeault, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Sharp Healthcare
- Christine Prewitt, RN and Director Kidney & Pancreas Transplant Sharp Healthcare
- Cindi Polis, Education Nurse, Balboa Nephrology Medical Group (BNMG)
- David Ordaz, Patient Financial Counselor, Balboa Nephrology Medical Group (BNMG)
- Dennis Bourque, ReMend Co-Founder and Mentor
- Sandra Anderson, RN BSN – Kidney Care Advocate, Fresenius Kidney Care
- Silvia Barick, Revenue Cycle Manager – Sharp Healthcare
Watch the broadcast here: https://bit.ly/3sO68yv
(A portion of the introduction wasn’t captured. This recording jumps right into the conversation about how Fresenius Dialysis Centers are keeping patients safe and encouraging them to continue treatment.)